Sunday, September 23, 2012

"Sir Anthony"

LOVE THIS! 

This philosophy is very much like what I try to follow as stated on many occasions, by Dr. Wayne Dyer..."Be Open to Everything, and Attached to Nothing!", and in part also reminiscent of a book I read many years ago by Terry Cole Whitaker, "What You Think of Me is None of My Business"

As an aside, I actually had an encounter of sorts with Sir Anthony Hopkins , right here in Rochester,

one summer evening, many years ago, when I was taking my evening walk down Park Ave., and I saw him leisurely having dinner, with a beautiful lady friend, in an outside cafe that existed at the time on the block just between Oxford and Goodman...he happened to glance at me as I was passing by his table, so respectfully, not wanted to disturb his meal, I smiled and just said from where I was walking..."I hope you are enjoying yourself in our fair city", I had every intention to keep on walking but he smiled broadly and motioned me to come over and asked me for my name...I walked over and shook his outstretched hand and said it was Linda, and he smiled again and said, with much enthusiasm and great warmth (and not to mention in that delightful accent)..."Well, Linda , it is indeed a pleasure to meet you, and Yes, I am enjoying your beautiful city very much"...I told him in kind it was a great pleasure to meet him as well, and wished him a wonderful evening...he smiled broadly again, and said "And you as well, beautiful Linda!"...needless to say I had quite the eventful walk that pleasant summers eve...What a gentleman and a sweet, warm soul, that Sir Anthony is...:)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment