Friday, June 24, 2011

Feed Your Spirit! (Thoughts on the movie "Chocolat") (LLJL)

Feed Your Spirit!

by Linda Living Joy Lorenzo on Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 1:29pm
 
The other night I watched one of my all time favorite movies,
For like, the 999,999 thousandth time...

My favorite scene is toward the end of the film,
When the young vicar of the church is giving his Easter Sermon...

The words are simple yet, profound and so beautiful in their simplicity...
I wanted to share them all with you, here...

I will not divulge any of the plot or what led up to these words...
Lest you have not seen the movie yet...:)
If you havent, I hope this little note will encourage you to view it...
It's a great feel good Spring/Easter time Film...
(and the fact that Johnny Depp is in it...doesn't hurt:)

Vicar's Easter Sermon from "Chocolat"...

"I am not sure what the theme of my homily today ought to be.

Do I want to speak of the miracle of our Lord's Divine Transformation?
Not Really.

I donit want to talk about his Divinity...
I'd rather talk about his Humanity.

I mean you know, how he lived his life here on earth.

His Kindness..
His Tolerance...

Listen, here's what I think...

I think we can't go around measuring our goodness...
By what we don't do...
By what we deny ourselves...
What we resist...
And who we exclude.

I think we've got to measure goodness by...
What we embrace...
What we create...
And also, who we include..."

The vicar's words bring to mind, for me, a hauntingly familiar quote by Thoreau...

"Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life.
Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something. "

And so, I ask you all...my Beloved Friends
To embrace the glory that you are...
Create a remarkable life filled with love, joy, peace, light and purpose!
Seek what it is that is your unique gift...
And look to those things that Feed your Spirit...

As, one of my Beloved Mentor's, Sonia Choquette taught me...

"Strive not to live a Spiritual Life...but to live a Spirited Life...a Life filled with the Spirit!"

That is where the Creator abides...in the Joy and Love of Living!

In inclusivity...I Love you All...

Have a glorious Spirited Day...and do what it is that feeds that Divinity within!

FEED YOUR SPIRIT...DANCE WITH LIFE!

Angel Blessings...Aloha Nui Loa!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment