Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"Roxanne"


TODAY'S MEMORABLE MOVIE MOMENTS ~ QUOTES FROM "ROXANNE"

(Excerpts from classic seduction scene outside Roxanne's bedroom window spoken by Steve Martin)

"Not eloquent, just honest. You see, I am in orbit around you. I am suspended weightless over you, like, like the blue man in the Chagall. Just hovering, hanging over you in a delirious kiss...You see, I am, and I will always be, the one who love
d you without limits"...

"This is my whole life right now. Standing here, talking to you like this. Saying things I wanted to say but couldn't...No, no no, not if you knew. When you're reaching for a star, there's a long way to fall. I almost never let this moment never happen. And now I feel sorry for people for whom it never comes. I love you. I have breathed you in, and I am suffocating. I am crazy I can't go on. This is all too much!"...

"There will never be another tonight...Why should we sip from a teacup when we can drink from the river? There's a tiny word. It's not a noun, it's not a verb, it's not an adjective, I, I don't know what it is. But if you said it to me tonight, all this blackness would go away, and you and I would be connected by a tunnel of light...Yes. Yes. Yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment