Sunday, September 23, 2012

Michael Clarke Duncan ~ RIP

Just Heard...So Sad...

Raised by his single mother on Chicago's South Side, Michael Clarke Duncan grew up resisting drugs and alcohol, instead concentrating on school. He wanted to play football in high school, but his mother would not let him, fearing he would get hurt. He then turned to acting, dreaming of becoming a famous actor. After graduating from high school and attending community college, he worked digging ditches at People's Gas

Company in Chicago. When he quit his job and headed to Hollywood, he landed small roles while working as a bodyguard. Michael's role in the movie Armageddon (1998) led to his breakthrough performance in The Green Mile (1999), when his Armageddon co-star Bruce Willis called director Frank Darabont, suggesting Michael for the part of convict John Coffey. He landed the role, receiving critical acclaim as well as many other Awards and Nominations, including an Academy Award Nomination for Best Actor in a Supporting Role. Michael Clarke Duncan died at age 54 of a heart attack on September 3, 2012 in Los Angeles, California. ~ IMDB

"You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand? " ~ Michael Clarke Duncan as John Coffey, "The Green Mile"


R.I.P. Gentle Giant



No comments:

Post a Comment